Discovery Education unitedstreaming is a digital video-based learning resource from Discovery Education. With Discovery Education unitedstreaming, educators gain on-demand access to 50,000 content-specific segments from 5,000 full-length educational videos. Today, educators at more than half the schools across the United States use unitedstreaming to integrate vibrant digital content into the curricula of more than 30 million s dents.
Your Discovery Education unitedstreaming subscriptions provides:
- The largest and most current K-12 digital video/video segment library available today.
- The only standards-based video-on-demand application shown to increase student achievement.
- Practical and easy-to-use learning resources for students and educators.
- Access to the highest quality producers–including Discovery School, United Learning, Scholastic, Standards Deviants, and Weston Woods.
- State-of-the-Art Professional Development sessions for online and onsite support.
Discovery Education unitedstreaming gives you fast access to the right digital media for your classroom needs.
Ignite learning and give students solid connections to core concepts with the next generation in media-on-demand! Our state-of-the-art digital media solution allows you to easily integrate standards-based multimedia into your school and curriculum. As a subscriber, you’ll have access to ALL media types: more than 3,200 videos, 21,000+ core concept clips, 6,000 curriculum-oriented audio files, 5,000 print resources, and an unsurpassed collection of 25,000 photographs, illustrations, and clip art images, as well as a databank of 15,000 quiz questions and 1,000 pre-made quizzes! In addition, podcasts created by and for educators and students connect you to dynamic educational media. PowerMediaPlus.com features current content from top educational producers and uniquely smart, customized functions, making it the most superior digital delivery solution available.
- 3,200 full-length, up-to-date, curriculum-based videos (and growing!)
- 21,000+ core concept video clips
- 6,000 curriculum-oriented audio files
- 25,000 high-resolution photographs, illustrations, and clip art images produced for the classroom
- 5,000 print resources, including teacher’s guides and worksheets
- 4,000 online resources related to specific titles
- 15,500 quiz questions and 1,100 pre-made quizzes
- Podcasts created by and for teachers and students
- Programs correlated to state and national standards
- Current content for all K-12 subject areas: social studies, science, language arts, literature, math, guidance, health, professional development, and more—plus the largest collection of music, art, and children’s literature titles in the industry
You will need to contact your resource teacher or the front office for your password.
Portaportal is a web based bookmarking utility that store links to your teacher’s favorite websites online. Now your bookmarks are no longer limited to any one machine. See your resource teacher or Parent Handbook for gradelevel guest names and passwords.
* Although teachers have reviewed each link that has been placed on this site, it is strongly recommended that as a parent you review each link before allowing your student access.
KETN (Kern Educational Telecommunications Network)
Kern Educational Telecommunications Network (KETN) exists to provide cost effective, telecommunications based, educational opportunities to students and adults. KETN believes geographic isolation should not hinder learning opportunities, be they in the classroom or home, and that an educated and informed population benefits our community. We embrace local, regional and national collaboration and are committed to using cutting edge technology and program innovation that benefits viewers and users of our services.
Kern County Superintendent of Schools has access to twelve wireless channels and operates on Cox and Bright House Network’s Educational Channels in 23 cities and towns in Kern County. The Kern Educational Telecommunication Consortium (KETC), to which our county office belongs, has 20 wireless channels. The consortium also owns eight ITFS (Instructional Television Fixed Service) channels in Tehachapi and Ridgecrest.
Cable Channels: Brighthouse Network Channel 15 and Cox Cable Channel 20
Math English Science History supplemental material to enhance core curriculum.
Do The Math
Watch Do The Math every Tuesday and Wednesday from 4 – 5 p.m.
Do The Math provides students 4th – 12th grade with assistance on homework and standards based math instruction every Tuesday and Wednesday from 4-5 p.m. on Bright House Networks Channel 15, Charter Cable Channels 49 and 19 and Media Com Channel 3.